If you live in Fitzroy and think you’re cool, and let’s face it, if you live in Fitzroy you think you’re cool, you must read this blog:
Hilarious. It’s premise* is to make fun of us. By ‘us’, I mean the white people in Melbourne who drink lattes and hate Chapel St and have blogs and go and see bands that no one has heard of. It’s pretty fucking awesome.
For the record, I don’t know if I’m on the threshold of being the right kind of white person for Melbourne, or I have surpassed it completely with my coolness for the following reasons:
1. I live in Collingwood, not Fitzroy. But I do live in a tiny single fronted terrace that I do tend to boast about re: it’s tinyness.
2. I have never been to South America, or backpacked around Asia, but I have road tripped across the midwestern states of America and am saving up to do the Deep South.
3. I don’t like coffee.
4. I study creative writing, not film.
I think I need to ask Ben, author of said blog. Do the above points make me inferior to the average North-side-of-the-river-dweller, or I have I taken it to a new dimension? I probably should add point 5:
5. I am moving to East St Kilda. The Windsor end.
* The word ‘premise’ is another wanky word that I suspect the white people Ben is talking about in this blog like to use.